Here's another story idea I came up with last year, in September (2004). I've narrowed down my choices for concepts for NaNoWriMo to three. This is the second one. I list it now because thinking on it for NaNoWriMo has gotten me a couple scene ideas as well as a plot idea (finally!) for BoD (that's "Bane of Death").This is the original idea I had
The scene ideas are:
- Death forcing BoD to make a choice of who to let die.
- Somehow showing that Death is not malevolent or evil, just doing what it is supposed to.
- People wanting BoD to help them and dealing with that. Kinda like the rush of people that happens when someone proves themselves to be a real psychic or medium.
- Exploring how far BoD's effects go. Distance wise. Time wise. Volume wise, as in number of people protected at once.
- Someone who's dying trying to get BoD to stay around. "All I know is, as long as you are around, I keep waking up."
Questions for me to answer:
- Is Death going to be an abstract, or will there be a personification?
- Is BoD a fluke or anomaly? Or does BoD have a specific purpose?
- Can BoD die?
- Perhaps BoD is the personification of Life. In which case I may need Death to have a personification as well. Or perhaps with BoD as a person, Life is no longer an abstract that occurs on its own.
- Is BoD a wanderer or tied to someplace?
The plot thought is: finding out why BoD exists, or what or who created her. Death wants to know so that it can find how go about its business unhindered.
Labels: BoD, NaNoWriMo 2005, Scene Ideas