It's so hard to not start writing yet!
I've pretty much settled on BoD. Why? Well, because it's the one I keep thinking about and having scene ideas for. Perhaps that will make it harder, because I do not yet know how it starts. Then again, I don't have to start at the beginning. *shrugs* We shall see.
I'm thinking of having Death be the narrator for the story. Just an idea.
More scene ideas, so I don't forget them:
- BoD first meets Death. D curious about BoD. D seems familiar but BoD can't place her. After introduction, BoD not quite convinced. No robe, no scythe? D explains she didn't always carry a scythe. Before the farming tool was implemented humanity had her as ???.
- Another meeting between BoD and D, BoD asks if she is on D's list. D refuses to tell, saying no one should have foreknowledge. BoD pleads, she doesn't want to know when, she simply wants to know if. As in, if she will/can die. D considers a moment, and again refuses to answer, because
- Perhaps a scene where D explains why some things are is the power of human (collective) will.
- The "You can't have him" scene. I don't so much feel obliged to have it, as I think I have an interesting concept for it where BoD and D are "shadowing" two normal people while having the same argument.
- I think this is my favorite scene idea so far, and am going to try and remind myself without giving anything away: The last name ... without L there is no ....
- Where do BoD and D meet? Don't want to be like "Joan of Arcadia".
- Is D only a personification in dreams? That would go along with the power of human will thing, where dreams are the world of will's creation.
Labels: BoD, Scene Ideas, Story